NON-INVASIVE CLAMP-ON FLOW SENSOR FOR PIPES – PULSAR
Flow Pulse® is a unique, non-invasive flow sensor that clamps to the outside of a pipe and is simply secured with a screwdriver.
Flow Pulse offers you exceptional repeatability at a fraction of the cost of an equivalent mag flow meter. It can reliably monitor flow across a variety of pipe materials including rigid plastic, stainless steel, cast iron, and even corrugated pipes.
Flow Pulse fires ultrasound through the pipe wall at 90 degrees to the flow via a tangentially mounted high-output ceramic. Ultrasound is refracted at angles across the axis of the flow and is then reflected from bubbles, particles, and vortices in all directions and at a wide range of frequencies.
The returned signal is analyzed using Flow Pulse’s Refracted Spread Spectrum Analysis (RSSA)digital signal processing platform to derive flow information. RSSA analyses and integrates the received signals over a wide frequency range then slices them for real-time analysis and flow rate calculation.
– Outside dimensions 120 x 65 x 65 mm
(4.75 x 2.6 x 2.6 inch)
– Weight Nominal 1.5 kg (3.3lbs)
– Enclosure material/description Type 316 stainless steel casting
– Cable entry detail 1 cable entry M20 x 1.5mm gland
– Maximum separation 500 m (1,640 ft.)
– IP Rating (Wall) IP68
– Max. & min. temperature (electronics) -20 ºC to +70 ºC (-4oF to 158oF)
– CE approval See EU Declaration of Conformity
– Accuracy/Repeatability ±5% typical subject to installation and pipe conditions
– Resolution 3mm/sec.
– Pipe wall thickness Metal or rigid pipe up to 20mm (0.8in) thick
– Min. Particle size >100µ
– Max. particle size >200ppm
– Pipe diameter V1 = 30mm to 350mm (1.2 to 14in), V2 = 30mm to 1250mm (1.2 to 49.2in)
– Min. range 0.3m/sec.
– Max. range (flow) 4.0m/sec. (10m/sec. for high flow version)
– Response time fully adjustable (1 sec. minimum for fast response version)
– Description RSSA (Refractive Spread Spectrum Analysis)
– Analogue output 4-20 mA into a 1kW load (when the supply voltage is 22 VDC or greater) with 20µA
resolution and user-programmable span.
– Digital output Full Duplex RS232 to PC software, Half Duplex RS485 to PC software, Half Duplex
RS485 with Modbus RTU
– Volt free contacts, number and rating 1 form “C” (SPDT) rated at 1A at 24VDC
– PC programming via RS232 or RS485 using FlowPulse PC
– Programmed data integrity Via non-volatile RAM
– Power supply 18 – 28V DC
– Power Consumption 2.4W @ 24V typical, 3W @24V maximum
Flow Pulse can either operate as a stand-alone device or can be used with one of Pulsar’s controllers:
- Flow Monitor
- Quantum 3
- Ultimate Controller
Some project images :