ELECTROMAGNETIC FLOWMETER SIEMENS
The electromagnetic flow meter shall consist of a flow sensor based on Faraday’s Law of Electromagnetic Induction and microprocessor-based Transmitter
Operating principle: Utilizing Faraday’s Law of Electromagnetic Induction, the flow of liquid through the sensor induces an electrical voltage that is proportional to the velocity of the flow.
Flow Sensor: Type Mag5100W, Mag1100, Mag3100,…
- Construction: The sensor flow tube shall be 304 stainless steel surrounded by two coils. Liner material shall be hard rubber (Ebonite). Measurement and grounding electrodes shall be Hastelloy C-276. Connecting flanges shall be carbon steel.
- Installation: A minimum of 5 pipe diameters up stream and 3 pipe diameters down stream are recommended (Consult the factory for any variations.).
- Operating Temp: -4 to +158° F.
- Size: 1” to 78” diameter (see instrument schedule)
- Submergence: The sensor shall be pedestal sealed against accidental submersion to 3 feet for 30 minutes standard (NEMA 4X), or permanently submerged to 30 feet when the terminal box is backfilled with a non-setting, transparent potting material (NEMA 6P).
Transmitter: Type MAG 5000 or 6000
A. Transmitter: Type MAG 5000 or 6000.
- Enclosure: NEMA 4X enclosure
- Display: Background illumination with alphanumeric 3-line, 20-character display to indicate flow rate, totalized values, settings, and faults (a blind version of the MAG 6000 Transmitter is available).
- Power supply: 115/230 VAC or 11-24VDC.
- Operating temperature: -4 to +140 degrees F.
- Outputs: 0-20 mA or 4-20 mA into 800 ohms max. One relay rated at 42 VAC/2 A, 24 DC/1 A. Digital (frequency or pulse) for external display of flow rate or totalizer.
B. Sensor and Transmitter performance:
- Flow Range: 0.1 m/s (0.3 ft/s) to 12 m/s (39 ft/s)
- Accuracy: Mag 6000: ±0.2% ±1mm/s; Mag 5000: ±0.4% ±1mm/s
- Bi-directional flow capabilities shall be standard
Two eight-digit counters for forward, net, or reverse flow.
D. The electromagnetic flow meter shall be a Siemens Model MAG 5100W flow sensor with a Siemens Model MAG 5000 or 6000 Transmitter. Insertion type flow meters will not be accepted.